The Climate Justice Alliance, Grassroots Global Justice, Indigenous Environmental Network and Right to the City have joined forces in the It Takes Roots Alliance to focus our collective efforts on building a visionary opposition to the most critical problems facing frontline communities in the era of Trumpism.
Toward that end, we felt it important to organize a parallel week of actions to the Global Climate Action Summit (GCAS) currently being organized by California Governor Jerry Brown, where market-based solutions will be lifted up as the ONLY solutions to climate change, which we know will only devastate our communities even more.
- Angela Adrar, Climate Justice Alliance
- Pennie Opal Plant, Idle No More SF Bay
- Tom Goldtooth, Indigenous Environmental Network
- Teresa Almaguer, PODER
- Nnimmo Bassey, Health of Mother Earth Foundation
- Tony Roshan Samara, Urban Habitat
We hope you can join us Wednesday, June 20th from 1pm-2pm PST/ 3pm-4pm CST/ 4pm-5pm EST.